These Terms and Conditions of Hire are a contract between Buckingham & Lloyds Limited (“B&L”, “us”, “we”, “our”), and you the person making the booking and all adult members of your party who will be staying in any of our apartments (“you”, “your”, “client”, “guest”).
By making a booking or staying in one of our apartments you agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions of Hire.
Your stay with us is not intended to confer exclusive possession on either the Client or Guest nor to create the relationship of landlord and tenant between B&L and either the Client or any Guest.
This is a short-term letting and you will not be entitled to any rights under any statutory provision including, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing:
- the Rent Act 1977,
- any assured tenancy or assured short-hold tenancy under the Housing Act 1988,
- any tenancy arising under or in terms of, or regulated by, the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988, Housing (Scotland) Act 2006, Housing (Scotland) Act 2014, and/or Private Housing (Tenancies) (Scotland) Act 2016, including in each case any amendment or re-enactment of any such statute for the time being in force.
Our rates are subject to change without notice unless otherwise agreed by us in writing.
VAT is charged as appropriate.
Agreement for Occupations
We permit you to occupy the property for the agreed hire period only and subject to these Terms and Conditions of Hire, such occupation being by you personally and only such guests named in the Booking.
The actions and omissions of any visitor to the apartment are your responsibility and you will be held accountable for any visitor’s breach of these Terms and Conditions of Hire.
You must be 18 years or over when you book the accommodation.
We reserve the right to refuse to accept any Booking for whatever reason. We accept your Booking when we issue our Booking Confirmation email.
You may arrive to collect your keys after 3 pm (except if stated differently by us in writing) on the first day of your Booking.
Unless otherwise agreed, you must vacate the property and return your keys by 11 am on the last day of the Booking.
A later check-out time is available to the Guest at an additional fee of £35, this must be agreed with us at least 24 hours before departure to avoid additional fees.
Agreement for Booking
If you want to increase your length of stay, we will do everything possible, subject to availability of accommodation, to find something suitable for you. It must be borne in mind that this may not always be possible.
Failure to return the keys to us before the check-out time in accordance with clause 3.6 will result in a fee charged as an Additional Charge. The fee incurred will reflect the lateness of the check-out:
- £35 per hour (up to 2 hours); or
- a standard night’s rate for the apartment (over 4 hours)
If you fail to vacate the apartment on the last day of the Booking, we reserve the right to remove your belongings from the apartment and store them securely in the booking office.
If the number of people permitted to occupy an apartment is exceeded (which would be a breach of Health and Safety Regulations) we reserve the right to remove excess or all occupants from the Apartment including the Guest(s) on the booking.
We expect the Apartment to be left in a reasonable state on departure, including rubbish being placed in rubbish bins, and soiled dishes being placed in the dishwasher or sink. If at our discretion, additional cleaning is required on departure, the cost of this cleaning will be charged as an Additional Charge.
UK legislation provides that smoking is not permitted in serviced apartments in accordance with clause 14.
Anyone found using or under the influence of illegal drugs or substances classified under the Misuse of Drugs Act (1971) will be reported to the police and asked to leave the premises. Any evidence or suspicion of drug use in the Apartment will be reported immediately to the police.
Daily housekeeping service is mandatory – while linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is mandatory. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the apartment. Linen and towels are replaced on the weekly basis or can be provided upon request at additional cost. For health and safety reasons, guests are requested to put away personal belongings on service cleans, keep floor and entitle apartment in the general good condition to allow housekeeping team to perform the clean up to the high standards.
Weekly turndown service is provided for long-term stays only (Bookings over 7 days).
Any booking obtained under false pretence will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check- in.
Pets are not permitted in any of our Apartments.
The Apartment cannot under any circumstances be used for partying, playing loud music, or general nuisance behaviour in accordance with clause 13. We reserve the right to remove Guests from the Apartment immediately if the Guest is deemed to have breached this clause in any way. No remaining nights will be refunded.
Paying for your Accommodation
The following terms apply to payment:
- To secure your booking payment in full must be received by us in cleared funds within accordance to your booking provider. We draw your attention to clause 7.2 below concerning pre-authorisations, deposit or accidental damage waiver which may apply to your booking.
- Should payment of the full amount not reach us within the outlined time given by your booking provider before your arrival date we reserve the right to cancel any Booking made and any deposit paid will be forfeited.
- If you fail to pay any sum that is due under this agreement when due, then you will pay us, on demand, interest on the unpaid sum in accordance with (if you are a business) the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1988 (as amended) or (if you are a consumer) 4% above the Barclays Bank PLC’s base rate at the time. Such interest shall accrue daily from the due date until we receive payment in full cleared funds, whether before or after any judgement.
Loss and Damage, Security Deposit and Accidental Damage Waiver
To confirm the booking apart of the advanced payment for accommodation and services for the entire length of the booking, Guest needs to choose and pay one of the following options:
1. Security Deposit of £500 – £1000
2. Accidental Damage Waiver of £25 per person (excludes children under 6 years old)